Wednesday 17 August 2016

WARM SMOKY EYES & BOLD METALLIC LIP//MAKEUP






I have been waiting for the day I get my paws on the incredible Morphe 35O Palette for what seems like forever! After seeing Cult Beauty post on Instagram that they are extending their Morphe Collection by adding the '35O's little sisters', I immediately went to their website and ordered the matte and shimmer palettes, eeeek! Expecting to wait 2-5 business days as the shipping said, I arrived home from work the next day to see my new babies waiting for me! As soon as I opened them, I couldn't wait to play around with all the beautiful warm toned colours, so today I have created a warm smoky eye, paired with a bold metallic lip! All the details of how I created this look and all the products used are below:





EYES


To begin my eyes, I primed my lids using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade 20 and set that with the No7 Perfect Light Translucent Powder. For my transition shade, I took the * shade from the Morphe 35O Matte palette and blended that out in my crease.


To deepen the crease, I then went in with this matte orange shade on a fluffy blender brush and blended that through where I had just applied the transition shade.


Next, taking this slightly darker shade, I blended this out also into my crease to further deepen it and add more dimension to the look.


To deepen the outer corners of my eyes, I then went in with this warm medium brown shade and patted it on the outer edges of my eyes, blending it up into the crease to create a seamless finish.


To further deepen the outer corners, I then applied this slightly darker brown to the exact same areas as above.


After this, I switched over to the breath taking Morphe 35O Shimmer palette and took the deep golden copper shade on a flat eyeshadow brush and patted it in the centre of my lid, ensuring a seamless ombre effect leading from the dark outer corners into this shade. 


To continue the 'ombre' effect, I then went in with this lighter golden shimmery shade on the inner third of my eye. With a clean defined blending brush, I then blended the copper and golden shade together.


I literally always do a winged eyeliner on every look, so this time I decided to do something a little different. Taking this deep brown/black shade (it looks darker in person) on an angled brush, I began to line my top lash line. I then went in and blended out the edges to create a smoky line.


To highlight my brow bone and inner corners, I took this beautiful champagne shade from the 35O shimmer palette.

To prep my eyes for lashes, I applied a few coats of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara. For lashes, today I used some of my ultimate favourites - the Ardell Wispies.

For my lower lash line, I took the deep matte brown shade and blended that out on my outer corners leading into the warm orange shade on the inner corners of my eyes. To line my waterline, I used the Rimmel Soft Khol Kajal Pencil in Jet Black, followed by coating my lower lashes with the same Maybelline mascara.

I have been preferring more of a natural look to my brow these days, so I first brushed the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in medium brown through my natural brows to make then fuller and thicker. I then used the Eylure Shape and Shade Brow Pencil and Tamer in Medium brown to fill in and shape my brows. To finish off, I then went in with another layer of the Maybelline Brow Drama.

FACE

To start off my face, for foundation I am using the Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in the shade 35 - Sand. I have been loving this foundation recently after using a sample a few weeks back. It evens out your skin tone with the smallest amount of product and keeps my skin moisturised yet matte all day long. Next, I took the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 20, and used this to highlight my under eye area, centre of my forehead and chin, down the bridge of my nose and a little on my cupids bow. To set all the places that I just highlighted, I used the No7 Perfect Light Translucent loose powder. On a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge, I picked up a bit of the loose powder, ensuring I tapped off the excess, and baked all the areas I just highlighted with the Maybelline concealer. To set the rest of my face, I dusted a little bit of MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in the shade NC30. 

To contour my face, using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light/Medium, I took the shade 'Havana' and begin to carve out my cheekbones. To bronze my pale complexion, I finally got my hands on MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in 'Give Me Sun!' to warm up my cheeks, forehead, jawline and a little on my nose. I then dusted a little bit of MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Gold Deposit over my cheekbones and above the highest points of my brow bone. To highlight the tops of my cheekbones, tip of my nose and cupids bow, I took the top shade in the No7 Shimmer Palette in Bronze. To complete the face, using the Collection #BlushAndGlow Palette, I mixed the bottom two blush shades together and applied that to the apples of my cheeks, ensuring I blended it out up to my contour and highlight.

LIPS

To line my lips, I used the Natural Collection Lip Liner in the shade plum followed by the incredible Kylie Cosmetics Metal Lipstick in the shade Reign.



Jessica x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Morris | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig