Monday 29 August 2016

KHAKI GREEN & CANDY K//MAKEUP







Hello! Today, I was super inspired by the colour of this beaut green Missguided lace up front, animal print bodysuit, that I decided to create a makeup look around this colour scheme! I am not really one to push out of my boundaries very often as I am very set in my gold, copper, rose colours etc comfort zone, so khaki green was definitely out there for me, but I love the way this look turned out! To find out how I got this makeup look and all the products used, see below:









EYES

To start of this look, I began with my brows. Using the Maybelline brow drama scultping mascara in the shade medium brown, I brushed my brows in upwards motions to give me a guide to my natural brow shape. Next, using a slanted brush, I took the NYX tame and frame tinted brow pomade in the shade chocolate. This product is a great dupe for the ABH dipbrow and is only £5.50! To finish off the brows, I coated my brows again with the same maybelline brow mascara to set them in place.


After brows, I moved onto eyes. To prime my eyes, I used the Maybelline fit me concealer in the shade 20, and set this with this cream shade (number 1) from the Morphe 35O matte palette. For my transition shade, I used this slightly darker warm cream shade (number 2) to allow the finish look to be seamless and blended. Next, to define the crease, I took this warm brown shade (number 3) and ran that on the outer corners of my eyes and through the crease. To further deepen the outer corners, I took this dark grey/almost black shade (number 4) and blended it through the crease. After this, using the Sleek i-Divine Enchanted Forest Palette, I took the beautiful teal green shimmer shade named 'daphne', and patted that across my entire eye lid. On top of this, to prep my lids for a splash of glitter, I applied the NYX glitter primer on top of the colour 'daphne'. Now was time for my favourite part of the whole look, GLITTERRRRR: I took the Barry M dazzle dust eye shadow in the shade 'emerald' and patted this on top of the glue. To create a winged liner, I used the Kiko Milano precision eyeliner in black. Next, I coated my lashes using my favourite mascara of all time - the Maybelline lash sensational waterproof mascara in black. I then went on to apply my favourite lashes - the Eylure Exaggerate 141 Lashes. 

For my lower lash line, I applied the warm brown shade from the Morphe palette on the outer corners of my lash line leading into the shade 'daphne' from the Sleek enchanted forest palette. I then lined my water line with the Rimmel soft kohl kajal eyeliner in black followed by a few coats of the same Maybelline mascara to my lower lashes. 

To highlight my inner corners of my eyes and my brow bone, I used the shade 'fairy godmother' from the same Sleek palette.

FACE

Moving onto my face, to begin, I primed my skin using the divine Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat blur primer. This was my first time using the primer and my first impressions were super good as the beautiful golden shimmer to the product left my skin illuminated whilst pores and skins texture was smoothed. For foundation today, I used the Maybelline matte and poreless in the shade 220. To conceal and highlight my face, I took the Maybelline fit me concealer in the shade 20 and applied this under my eyes in a triangle shape, in the centre of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, and in the centre of my chin. To 'bake' the areas I had just highlighted as well as setting the rest of my face, I used the No7 perfect light loose powder in the shade translucent. To contour my face, I mixed it up from my usual ABH contour kit, and today took the Benefit Hoola Bronzer on the hollows of my cheekbones, around my forehead, down the sides of my nose and across the jawline. To add some warm to my skin, I took the MAC 'give me sun' bronzer and applied this to my cheeks and added a light dusting across my forehead and jawline. I was SO excited to try out this next product - today for my highlight and blush, I used the BECCA X Jaclyn Hill champagne collection! Because I couldn't decide which highlight to try out first, of course I went for both, so I mixed both 'champagne pop' and 'prosecco pop' and applied this on the top of my cheekbones, above my brows, down the bridge of my nose and cupids bow. For blush, from the same palette, I brushed on the gorgeous 'rose spritz' shade. To set my face, I sprayed a few spritz of the NYX dewy finish makeup setting spray.

LIPS

Last but not least, I completed this look by applying one of my favourite Kylie Cosmetics shades - Candy K! I first applied the insanely buttery and creamy lip liner across my entire lips followed by a coat of the Candy K liquid lipstick.



Jessica x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Morris | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig