Wednesday 1 June 2016

MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL VIVID MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS SWATCHES & REVIEW//MAKEUP




Hello! First of all, I just wanted to take a second to say sorry for my absence on my blog in recent weeks. I needed a little TLC and break from everything to focus on me, but I am back for good with new posts on everything fashion, makeup and beauty! Thank you so much for all your support!

Today's post features a review and swatches of the new Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks! The amazing team behind Maybelline invited my to join the #MAYBELLINESQUAD and kindly gifted me with the whole range of the beautiful collection which I am so beyond grateful for, so thank you so much!

Anyway, the Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks, as Maybelline themselves state "glides on smooth to a matte finish, infused with pure pigments for a high impact colour with a creamy liquid base for a soft cushiony feel" and I couldn't agree more. When it comes to a liquid lipstick with a matte finish, I often find them a little uncomfortable, however these are so creamy and moisturising, you can barely feel them on your lips. I wouldn't say that the finish is a pure matte look, more so a semi matte finish, however that is to be expected due to the creamy and velvety formula. As for the pigmentation of the lipsticks, they are so incredible! Literally one sweep across the bottom and top lip without the need to put more product on the applicator is all that is needed for an even finish! The shade '45 - Possessed Plum' did need a little layering of product, but this is completely normal due to it being such a dark shade of purple. The slanted tip applicator makes it so easy to glide the product across your lips as it is so flexible, making it easy to get a really precise, clean finish.

As for the range of colours in the collection, it features everything from a beautiful classic nude to a bright orange and pinks to a bold brick red and deep plum. My favourites have got to be 'Nude Thrill', 'Rebel Red' and 'Possessed Plum'. There is a colour for every single occasion, season and mood, so there is really nothing more you could ask for!

Overall, I am so obsessed with these lipsticks! A little tip to make them a completely matte finish is to tap on some translucent powder over your lips. But for such an affordable price at only £6.99 (currently on buy on get one half price at Boots) for such an intense, rich, velvety formula, you really can't beat it!

I have swatched each shade below! All shades have been applied without a lip liner to show you how easy it is to get a clean and precise finish. 


















Jessica x





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Morris | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig