Friday 15 July 2016

BED HEAD BY TIGI PRODUCT REVIEW//HAIR TUTORIAL




Hello! Today, I am doing something a little different -  a hair tutorial and review of some Bed Head by TIGI products that the lovely people behind Regis Salons kindly gifted me (@regisuk on Instagram/Twitter).
So before we get started, I am just going to give you a little background of my hair! I have an  incredible full head of 18" nano bonds by the unbeatable @abigailxalexandria! She really is my 'hairygodmother'! The hair extensions used in my hair are from Beauty Works which I can honestly say are the best I have ever seen or used. When it comes to hair extensions, over time, due to them not being your actually hair (obviously), they begin to loose their shine gradually, however after using these products for the first time, I really do believe these could be my lifesavers, not only to keep my hair extensions in tip top condition, but also my natural colour and cut too! 


I thought it would be good to show you my hair after I had just washed it, so the picture above shows my hair after about half and hour of natural drying. I prefer to leave my hair to dry naturally for a little while so that the whole blow drying is as short as possible because as I am sure every girl will agree, it is a bit of a ball ache lol.




After gently brushing through my damp hair, I applied Bed Head by TIGI's 'Motor Mouth', 'Blow-out' and 'Small Talk'. This may seen a bit excessive but I was so excited to use them that I just threw them all in! 

The 'Motor Mouth', a 'mega volumizer with gloss', is quoted to be 'your favourite thickifier with a shine injection and added UV glow for gloss addicts who just can't keep it on the low down'. The bottle instructs you to use 2-3 pumps on wet hair and blow dry, so that's exactly what I did! One thing that I noticed immediately is how incredible the smell of this product was! I have honestly never smelt a hair product as nice as this in my life; I am obsessed. I also love the bright bold circular packaging as it really speaks for the brand itself. As far as the product, it definitely added volume once I had blow dried and straightened my hair and made it look more full of life rather than 'you need to work on this jess' lol!

I then followed with the golden illuminating shine cream - 'Blow-out'. This is quoted to be an 'awesome styling cocktail ingredient with a smoothing and defrizzing shot, it adds luminous, sparkling shine' - and I could not agree with that description more! Literally, as soon as you pump 'blow-out' into the balm of your hands, you can immediately see the gold particles glistening and shimmering - it is such a beautiful product. Again, like the 'motor mouth', the smell is just divineeeeee. As the description suggests, it is some what like a cocktail! I applied both of these products to the middle to the ends of my hair to nourish, thicken and give life to my hair!

Finally, before blow drying, I also applied 'Small Talk' to the roots of my hair as this one didn't feature any instructions on the bottle. However, the packaging does inform you that it is meant to 'thicken, add body and volume, energize and give life to limp hair, style, define, seperate and control'. From this, it is everything I want for the roots/top half of my hair as I really struggle to gain volume when it comes to styling. After blow drying, I really felt like this product aided my roots to have more of a lift and bounce to them instead of being flat to my head.

Once I had applied these 3 products to my hair, I then blow dried followed by straightened. I wanted to show you my hair styled both sleek and straight as well as with full, bouncy curls to show you just how diverse these products are! 


I think I have only ever wore my hair straight literally once since having bonds in my hair as I always felt like it didn't flatter them as well as them styled curly. However, after using these products, I can whole heartedly say that my hair has never felt so sleek, soft, thick, glossy and smooth after blow drying! I honestly couldn't believe the difference between using these products before I styled my hair in comparison to before when I never used to use anything!

I also applied an extra pump of 'blow-out' to the ends of my hair once fully dried and straightened to add extra luminosity and shine to the finished look!




I then went on to curl my hair to see how the products played with this different style and look. Again, I absolutely loved the finish outcome. I usually find it really hard to make my hair look soft and smooth when I curl it as I love it to still have texture and body at the same time, so it is really tough to find the balance in between, however I think I may have found it!






Before setting my hair with hairspray, I worked a small amount of the 'Mini Manipulater' - the 'funky gunk that rocks!', into the palm of my hands and ran it through my hair. It is said to add body and texture to wet or dry hair, and that is exactly the look I was going for! I would describe the texture of the product as something of a gel and it was super easy to work the product evenly throughout my hair rather than ending up with a huge clump in one section.

To set my hair, I sprayed the curls with the 'Mini Masterpiece' massive shine hairspray. It is said to add shine to your finish look whilst holding the style in place, and it is definitely an extra firm kind of hair spray and the curls didn't drop all day! I like to regularly brush my hair throughout the day to keep my hair extensions in check and 8 hours later through work and all, the curls still remained exactly how they were to begin with! Below is the finished look!




Overall, I am super impressed with the quality of these products. I always dismiss hair products with a little bit more of a higher price tag as I have never found a hair product that I couldn't live without, however I think I may have just found my first few!

Once again, thank you so much Regis Salons and I hope you enjoyed this post!


Jessica x















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Morris | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig